Healthy Food of the 7 days: Beef Enchiladas w/ beans & Spanish rice
Wholesome Leftover Idea: Beef Quesadillas
Here’s a meal and leftover thought equally sporting a Mexican flavor that’s positive to bring your taste buds alive. For this case in point 97% lean ground beef was used but the natural beauty of this meal is you can pretty much use any style of meat you want to alter the beef enchiladas into both rooster enchiladas, steak enchiladas, pork enchiladas, or even fish enchiladas if you so decide on. To be trustworthy I’ve by no means experimented with a fish enchilada, or even heard of a person in advance of, but hey if that’s what you would like to check out go for it!
A further benefit of this food is you will uncover that it’s relatively effortless to load up that baking sheet tray with a quantity of enchiladas so that leftover meals are a breeze and you even now have the option to produce the beef quesadillas as outlined. The choice is fully up to you. Enjoy!
– 3 pots/pans with lids
– oven baking sheet
– 10 minutes
– 50 minutes
– 1-2 kilos 97% fat-no cost ground beef
– 1 pack corn tortillas (70 energy just about every)
– 2 cans refried beans
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 1 can of possibly crimson or inexperienced enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
– 1/4 cup diced white onion
– 1/4 cup skim or reduced-excess fat milk
– shredded reduced-excess fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese
– 1 hen bouillon dice
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– optional: sliced olives and diced environmentally friendly chiles
– 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
For Beef Quesadillas
– complete wheat flour tortillas
– tapatio very hot sauce (or most popular style of salsa)
1. Start with the floor beef. Take out from wrapper and area on a skillet and dice up with a spatula. Increase 1/4 cup diced white onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and a sprint of pepper. Mix effectively, transform stove on medium temperature and protect. Re-stir every single 5 minutes for close to 20 minutes.
2. When meat is completed to your liking, warm enchilada sauce in a pan for about 5 minutes. Get tortillas, equally cheeses, and other extras these kinds of as sliced olives or diced environmentally friendly chiles prepared so when sauce is warm, the assembly line can begin.
3. So that the tortillas do not crack when getting stuffed/rolled, flippantly heat 4-6 at a time in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 25 seconds. Soon after, dip 1 at a time into the sauce on both sides and then position specifically on the oven baking sheet. You might require to use tongs if the sauce is much too scorching.
4. Increase some meat, a teaspoon of just about every cheese, a teaspoon of sauce, and any extras you are using and gently roll up. A person approach is to endeavor to pile all things alongside one another in a line on the remaining facet of the tortilla so that you can roll totally in excess of and tuck in effectively.
5. Line up the organized enchiladas facet-by-facet so they are a bit touching each individual other to maintain great variety. Use a basting brush to coat tops of the enchiladas with leftover sauce and frivolously sprinkle with both of those cheeses. Area in oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. For the Spanish rice, insert 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and distribute all-around. On medium warmth add a person cup of white rice and stir for about three minutes to “brown”. Include 8 oz can of tomato sauce and mix nicely for two minutes. Include 1 3/4 warm h2o, 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels, and 1 dice hen bouillon. Raise heat and carry to a boil stirring nicely so bouillon dice dissolves. When drinking water commences to boil, decrease warmth to medium/low, cover and established timer for 18 minutes stirring only at the time halfway via.
7. Refried beans just need to be opened and additional to a pan on medium heat along with 1/4 cup of milk and 5-7 squirts of Tapatio very hot sauce if you favor spicy beans. Protect and stir sometimes for 10-15 minutes.
8. When every thing is finished, serve an acceptable portion dimension along with a calorie beverage and take pleasure in. About calories, preserve in thoughts that each individual enchilada will be around 150-220 calories every single relying on the quantity/form of goods you put inside so never get carried absent. One particular enchilada with rice and beans will be at about 350 energy.
Healthier Leftover Thought: Beef Quesadillas
If there is any meat leftover and you want to transform it up a bit nonetheless maintain the taste of a Mexican-type generation, you really should give these beef quesadillas a consider. You can use the corn tortillas, or as in this case in point, total wheat flour tortillas to give a larger sized surface area to put a bit a lot more objects inside of.
Simply lightly oil a substantial skillet (or use non-stick spray) and spot a single tortilla and transform on stove to medium heat. Distribute two tablespoons of beans, then add some cheese, then meat, sizzling sauce like Tapatio, and again some extra cheese. Address with another tortilla and use a spatula to evenly push the quesadilla down. Allow for to cook dinner on each aspect for a few of minutes working with your off-hand to help maintain quesadilla collectively so goods don’t drop out. Once each individual side is frivolously browned and the cheese is melted you can take out from warmth, slice in 50 percent or quarters and appreciate.